Oodi virtual library was one of our long term projects. It was executed in collaboration with central library ICT group and ALA-architects. Phase one included a simple virtual reality environment visualizing the interiors of the library model for better understanding of the possibilities, dimensions and challenges of the future library environment. In the second phase the experience was expanded with interactive tools to help stakeholders participate in the design process and evaluate the spatial and functional solutions of the public interior spaces. The practical virtual experience with interactive tools enabled collaboration with designers and endusers in a new level and ensured better quality and fewer mistakes in the whole of the project. The library itself was opened to public in December 2018 and was selected the best new library in the world in 2019. Teatime is honoured to have had the opportunity to participate in the project.
- Visualizing space in virtual environment to get a full understanding of the building and its interiors.
- Interactive tools to help designers configure the best interior solutions and layouts for public users and staff.
- Sun Tool – visualizing natural lighting conditions with any given date and time.
- Screen Tool – place screens of any size with still or video footage
Step Tool – calculate the distance and time used to travel any route indoors.
- People Tool – Place 3d and cut off people to demonstrate the space and its dimension.
- Scenery giving a better picture of the location, surroundings and views.
- Model view presents the building as a scale model.